Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Shred Head


Above is a marker and Photoshop test to add to the TMNT piece I am working on now.  I did the marker portion to practice my marker skills for my Upper Deck assignment that I am currently working on. I've done marker drawings with simple blank backgrounds (i.e. Nova) and color backgrounds (i.e. Batman vs. Captain America) and I wanted to see if I could make a photoshop background that would help make the image pop as well. Integrating original art and computer art can make for some powerful art. I hope to show those cards for Upper Deck to you before the end of the month!

I've always enjoyed the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ever since I was a kid, and thoroughly enjoyed the TMNT animated movie. I enjoyed it so much so that I did the drawing below inspired by the show! When exhibiting it at comic con's, it always got a smile out of people, children and adult alike. For that reason I've begun doing a full illustration based on these fun guys.


Since I'll be at the Baltimore Comic Con September 7th-8th, I want to have something new for that and will have that TMNT piece, in black and white at the very least, for visual consumption=] 

No comments:

Post a Comment