Sunday, March 31, 2013

2.13.13

Every month I go to a drawing event called Drink and Draw NYC hosted by Khary Randolph in which I am the time keeper.  I help with the model helping them feel comfortable and assisting them with directing their poses if need be.  Thankfully Khary gets some really great models so the directing is barely ever needed. The great thing about our D&D is it is very casual and often times poses are given from the artists there as well, requesting a specific pose they may need practice handling. 


In February we had a shorter but very creatively dynamic model which was fin to sketch. Sadly I did not capture her femininity enough. I tend to try and get every single curve and detail when I draw from life. The next D&D will showcase what I've learned from this experience and how I've moved in a new direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment