Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Teen Titans GO!


I was commissioned a while back to create the a Teen Titans Go! illustration but with the faces of the friends of the person who commissioned me in the place of the originals. Seeing the opportunity to have this piece as a good illustration in my portfolio,  I drew the originals, saved the pencils in Photoshop and then drew the commission as it was requested. When I inked the piece, I scanned that, deleted the faces, and digitally inked over the older pencils. I now had a piece of art that satisfied the younger people in my audience to go along with the original Titan's piece I have as well.


When I saw how much space I left in the art, I realized I could make the piece more dynamic by tilting it and cropping the piece around the key figures. I have the artist Gabriel Picolo to thank for that. He's done some AMAZING Titan's inspired art and it's inspired me to do more slice of life pieces like this!

Email me at thelearningcurv@gmail.com if you'd like your very own custom commission!

No comments:

Post a Comment